31 August 2006

Please check the blogroll for your blog

I've copied all the addresses of your blogs based on the comments you posted in class today. There are 31 there (including me), which makes me think that I'm one short. Copying those over was all done by hand, though, so it's certainly possible that I just missed someone by accident. Could everyone please check that their blog is on the list? If yours is missing, let me know ASAP and I'll fix it.

I just made up link names based on what I had in front of my (your screen name and your URL), and some are more probably more useful as discriminators than others (many are very similar and could easily be confused). If you'd like me to change the label of your link, just let me know, as it's a pretty trivial thing for me to fix.

While most of the info in your comments is enough for me to know who's who, there are several blogs that are currently anonymous to me. If yours is anonymous, and if you haven't sent me an e-mail with the info, please do so soon. Thanks.

Lastly, you should have gotten an e-mail informing that you've been invited to join this blog as a co-author. Clicking the link in that e-mail and logging in with your Google account e-mail and password will then complete the process of making you a co-author of this blog. All your personal blogs will remain personal, and only you can post to them. This blog, though, will be shared, with anyone able to post. My intent is that any personal writing (e.g., my answer to the meme questions) will go on individual blogs, but that material that's likely to be of general interest (upcoming events, certain assignments to be discussed next week, questions about pizza preferences) would go here. I'm hoping that this co-author invitation will be pretty straightforward, but I've not used this before so let me know if you have any difficulties or just find it strange and baffling. Thanks!

No comments: